Best Battery Snow Blower in Canada 2023
We all know how much pain snow can be to deal with. It’s cold, it’s wet, and it seems to just keep coming no matter what you do. That’s why having a good snowblower is essential for any Canadian homeowner. But with so many different brands and models on the market, it can be tough to decide which one is right for you.
Luckily, we’re here to help. In this post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about battery snow blowers in Canada. We’ll also provide a detailed buying guide to help you choose the best model for your needs.
So whether you’re a first-time buyer or simply looking to upgrade your current machine, read on for everything you need to know about battery snowblowers in Canada!
How we tested the Best Cordless Snow Blowers for Canadians?
To help Canadians find the best cordless snow blower for their needs, we put together a comprehensive testing program that included blowing snow off of a variety of surfaces, measuring the amount of snow each model could move in a minute, and observing how well each machine handled different types of snow.
We also looked at the size and weight of each model, the clearing width and depth, the speed control, the chute control, the wheels, tracks, and terrain type. In addition, we considered any additional features that might be useful, such as heated handles, drift cutters, headlights, and an automatic safety shutoff.
After testing all of these snow blowers side-by-side, we were able to determine which ones were the best of the bunch. Canadians can rest assured that any of the snow blowers on our list will make short work of even the heaviest snowfalls.
What should be considered when choosing the best cordless snow blower?
When choosing the best cordless snow blower for your needs, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- First, consider the size and weight of the machine. If you have a large driveway or need to clear a lot of snow at once, you’ll want a model that is on the larger side.
- Second, take a look at the clearing width and depth. Some snow blowers can clear paths that are up to 24 inches wide, while others have a clearing width of just 18 inches. The depth of the snow you need to clear will also play a role in your decision.
- Third, think about speed control. Some models have two-speed settings, while others have a variable speed trigger. The speed control will determine how quickly you can clear the snow.
- Fourth, take a look at the chute control. Some models have a manual crank to adjust the direction of the snow, while others have an electronic chute control that allows you to quickly change the direction of the snow with the push of a button.
- Finally, consider the wheels, tracks, and terrain type. If you live in an area with a lot of hills or uneven terrain, you’ll want a model that has tracks or all-wheel drive. This will help you keep traction as you clear the snow.
Canadians can feel confident that any of the snow blowers on our list will be able to handle even the heaviest snowfalls. We’ve included models of all sizes and with a variety of features to make sure there’s one that’s perfect for your needs.
Here are our top picks for Snowblowers in Canada
- Best Overall: Greenworks PRO 20-Inch 80V Cordless Snow Thrower
- Runner Up: Earthwise SN74022 22-Inch 40-Volt Cordless Electric Snow Thrower
- Best Value: GYMAX Cordless Snow Thrower
- Budget Friendly: Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 Cordless Snow Blower
- Highest Quality: EGO Power+ SNT2103 21-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Snow Blower
Let’s take a look at each of these snow blowers in more detail.
1- Best Overall: Greenworks PRO 20-Inch 80V Cordless Snow Thrower
This cordless snow blower from Greenworks is our top pick for Canadians. If you live in an area with frequent, deep snowfalls, this is the snow blower for you. It’s also our top pick for the best battery-powered snow blower, as it offers a powerful 80V motor and can clear a 20-inch path in one go.
The Greenworks PRO is easy to maneuver, thanks to its ergonomic design, and it has LED headlights for clearing snow in low-light conditions. It comes with a 2.0 Ah battery and charger, so you’ll be able to get started right away.
Canadians will also appreciate its 180 Degree rotating chute, which makes it easy to direct the snow where you want it to go. And when you’re finished using the Greenworks PRO, simply fold down the handle for compact storage.
- Throwing Distance: 20′
- Clearing Width: 20 inches
- Clearing Capacity: 10-inch deep snow
- Battery: 2.0 Ah battery (included)
- Runtime: Up to 45 minutes
- Warranty: 4-year limited tool & battery warranty
What we like:
- Quiet, powerful 80V motor for clearing snow quickly.
- 33 pounds of weight is easy to maneuver.
- 30 minutes of quick recharge time is great for battery-powered snow blowers.
- The fold-down handle makes for easy storage.
- Ideal for quickly clearing your driveway, patio, sidewalk, or deck.
If you’re looking for a powerful and eco-friendly snow blower, the Earthwise SN74022 is a great option. It’s powered by a 40-volt battery, so you can easily clear snow from your car driveway or sidewalk.
Plus, the 4.0ah battery provides up to 45 minutes of run time. And, the included charger means you can always keep your snow blower ready to go.
With a 22-inch clearing width and 12-inch clearing depth, the Earthwise SN74022 can handle most snowfalls with ease. It also features an adjustable chute that allows you to direct the snow where you want it to go. Plus, the large wheels make it easy to maneuver, even over snowy and icy surfaces.
- Throwing Distance: 30 ft.
- Clearing Width: 22 in.
- Clearing Capacity: 600 lbs/minute
- Batteries Included: 40-Volt 4.0Ah Battery
- Warranty: 2-year limited
What we like:
- LED lights can help Canadians clear their driveways in the dark of winter.
- Its 30′ throwing distance is impressive.
- 40 Volts of power is more than some gas-powered models.
- An ergonomic handle can make it easier on the operator’s back.
- The design is such that you won’t have to bend over too much.
3- Best Value: GYMAX Cordless Snow Thrower
The GYMAX Cordless Snow Thrower is our best-value choice for the best snow blower for Canadians. This powerful and versatile machine can clear a 20” wide path with each pass, making short work of even the heaviest snowfall.
It comes with two 4.0-Ah lithium-ion batteries and a charger, so you can keep working as long as you need to. And, for added safety and convenience, it has two LED lights that illuminate your work area. Plus, its snow removal tool is foldable for easy storage.
The GYMAX Cordless Snow Thrower is a great choice for Canadians who need a powerful and versatile machine to handle even the heaviest snowfall. With its safety switch, high-quality Auger, and Adjustable Chute, it will make clearing your driveway or walkway a breeze.
- Throwing Distance: 22.3FT
- Clearing Width: 20”
- Clearing Capacity: NA
- Batteries Included: 40V (2 x 20V)
- Warranty: NA
What we like
- It is made of high-quality ABS and PP materials to ensure its durability.
- 7-Inch durable rear wheels are perfect for all types of terrain.
- Its compact & foldable design makes it easy to store away.
- Two front lights are provided for clear visibility in the dark.
- Excellent value for the price.
4- Budget Friendly: Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 Cordless Snow Blower
The Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 is a great choice for budget-minded Canadian shoppers looking for a powerful cordless snow blower. This unit comes with two 4.0 Ah batteries and a charger, so you can get started clearing snow right away.
The 18-inch clearing width and 10-inch clearing depth are ideal for light to moderate snowfall, and the unit’s lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver.
The Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 also comes with 2 W LED headlight lights, an adjustable chute, and a safety switch to ensure easy and safe operation. Canadian shoppers will appreciate the fact that this snow blower is ETL-approved and comes with a full three-year warranty.
- Throwing Distance: 20 ft
- Clearing Width: 18-inch
- Clearing Capacity: 700 lbs per minute
- Batteries Included: 48V (2 x 24V Batteries)
- Warranty: 3-year limited
What we like
- Its 1200 W brushless motor helps it start quickly in Canadian winters.
- 4-blade rubber-tipped steel auger cuts 18 in. W x 10 in. D with each pass.
- iON+ 24-Volt 4.0 Ah battery provides up to 40 minutes of cordless power.
- LED headlight illuminates the snow as you clear it.
- The chute is adjustable to 180° so you can direct the snow where you want it to go.
5- Highest Quality: EGO Power+ SNT2103 21-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Snow Blower
The EGO Power+ SNT2103 is a great option for those who want the best of the best. It’s a two-stage snow blower with 56-volt batteries that will give you plenty of power to get the job done quickly.
The 21-inch width is perfect for clearing pathways, driveways, and sidewalks, and the 7.5 Ah batteries will give you plenty of runtimes to get the job done. The rapid charger is also included, so you can get back to work in no time.
The unit is made with Canadians in mind, so you can be sure that it will stand up to the harshest winters. Weather-resistant (ipx4) materials are used throughout the design, and the unit comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
The compact design is perfect for maneuvering around tight spaces, and the quick-fold handle makes it easy to store away when the job is done.
- Throwing Distance: 35 Feet
- Clearing Width: 21-inch
- Clearing Capacity: NA
- Batteries Included: (2) 7.5 Ah 56V batteries
- Warranty: 5-year tool, 3-year battery
What we like
- Variable-speed controls allow you to customize the speed for your needs.
- LED headlights provide clear visibility in all conditions.
- Peak Power technology delivers maximum power when you need it most.
- A 5-year warranty is one of the best in the business.
- 21-inch clearing width can tackle most residential snowfall.
How long do battery snow blowers last?
Most battery snow blowers will last for around 30 minutes to an hour on a single charge. However, this will vary depending on the model and the type of battery that is being used.
Some batteries may last longer, while others may need to be recharged more frequently. It is important to consult the manufacturer’s instructions to determine how long your specific model of battery snow blower will last.
Is an electric snow blower worth it?
If you live in an area where it snows frequently, an electric snow blower can be a great investment. They are lightweight and much easier to use than a gas-powered snow blower, and they are less expensive to operate.
Electric snow blowers also produce zero emissions, so they are better for the environment.
Is Dewalt making a snow blower?
No, at this time Dewalt does not offer a snow blower. They offer a variety of other lawn and garden tools, but nothing specifically for snow removal.
Is there such a thing as a battery-operated snowblower?
Yes, battery-operated snowblowers do exist! These handy little machines are perfect for those who need to clear snow but don’t have access to a gas-powered snowblower.
Battery-operated snowblowers are also much quieter than their gas-powered counterparts, so you won’t have to worry about disturbing your neighbors while you’re clearing your driveway or sidewalk.
What is the difference between a snowblower and a Snowthrower?
The main difference between a snowblower and a snowthrower is the way in which they move the snow. A snowblower uses augers to draw the snow into the machine and then blows it out through a chute.
A snowthrower, on the other hand, uses a spinning auger to fling the snow up and out of the machine. Snowblowers are typically used for larger areas, while snowthrowers are better suited for smaller areas.
Furthermore, a snowblower is a two-stage machine while a snowthrower is a single-stage machine. In terms of capacity, snowblowers can move more snow at once than snowthrowers.
Does Makita make a cordless snow blower?
At this time, Makita does not offer a cordless snow blower. However, they do offer a variety of cordless power tools such as drills, saws, and impact drivers. Makita is a trusted brand in the power tool industry and their cordless tools are known for being powerful and durable.
While Makita does not offer a cordless snow blower, their cordless tools would likely be up for the task if you were to use them for snow removal.
Which is better corded or cordless snow blower?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preferences and needs. Some people find corded snow blowers to be more powerful and efficient, while others prefer the convenience of cordless models. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide which type of snow blower is best for them.
However, cordless electric snow blowers eliminate the risk of tripping over cords or getting them tangled in the snow, which can be a major advantage.
How much does an electric snowblower cost?
The cost of an electric snowblower will depend on the model and brand that you purchase. You can expect to pay anywhere from $150 to $600 for a quality snowblower.
Some of the factors that will affect the price include the size of the snowblower, the features it offers, and the warranty. Be sure to compare prices from different retailers before making your final purchase.
How long does the battery last on an ego snowblower?
Most ego snowblowers come with a battery that lasts around 30 to 45 minutes. However, there are some models that can last up to an hour. It really depends on the model that you have.
You can always check the manual that came with your snowblower to see how long the battery is supposed to last.
What brand is best for a snow blower?
There are a few brands that make great snow blowers. Some of the best include Greenworks, EGO, Ariens, John Deere, and Toro. These brands have a reputation for making high-quality snow blowers that can handle even the heaviest of snowfalls.
What is a good amp on an electric snow blower?
A good amp rating on an electric snow blower is 10-15 amps. This will give you the power you need to clear snow quickly and efficiently.
Thank you for reading our reviews of the best snowblowers in Canada. We hope that this article has been informative and helpful in narrowing down your choices.
If you have any questions about battery-operated snow blowers that we haven’t answered here, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below and we will be happy to answer them for you. Happy shopping and stay warm!